- UEI releases a host of new I/O boards in support of its growing PowerDNA family of Ethernet based I/O cubes. Software is created that allows users to host PowerDNA based systems on both Windows and Linux platforms. APIs for UEI’s Ethernet-based PowerDNA family and PCI/PXI based PowerDAQ family are consolidated allowing code written for one platform to also support the other
- UEI branches out into distributed I/O systems with PowerDNA, which provides exceptional hard realtime performance on Ethernet systems at an extremely attractive price point. The realtime performance is possible thanks to UEI’s patent-pending DaqBIOS protocol, which allows the servicing of more than a thousand I/O points over an Ethernet network in < 1 msec.
- UEI expands on its industry-leading software support with several key products:
- LabVIEW for Linux: With this driver, users can collect real-world data into a LabVIEW application that is running under Linux. Not even National Instruments provides this level of support.
- LabVIEW Real-Time: Users are no longer locked into working with just one company when configuring a LabVIEW Real-Time system. These free drivers allow any of UEI’s PXI cards to function within that environment, giving users an attractively priced alternative.
- xPC Target: The MathWorks sells a combination development environment/execution system for realtime applications. UEI joins the few select firms with drivers that support the xPC Target.
- UEI introduces its biggest product launch since PowerDAQ – its complete family of PXI products including a chassis, CPU card and I/O modules plus all support software. We refer to this turnkey solution as PDXI (PowerDAQ eXtensions for Instrumentation). UEI becomes only the second company to offer such a complete platform, and the first to offer Linux on the PXI platform.
- UEI’s second decade starts with the release of drivers for the hottest new OS for years: Linux; shortly thereafter we release drivers for realtime Linux and other realtime operating systems such as QNX. We also enhance our software offerings with Professor DAQ, an Excel add-in.
- Expanding and enhancing the PCI line, UEI brings out the PowerDAQ II family. Besides improvements in raw performance, the line adds several models including those for:
- True simultaneous sampling
- Analog output
- Digital I/O