Location: Norwood, MA, US, 02062
Business Unit: Energy Conversion Solutions
Posting Date: Oct 25, 2023
Job Description: Responsible for performing a variety of assembly operations required to assemble final units.
- Assemble electronic components, subassemblies, and systems.
- Work from blueprints, work orders, and written and verbal instructions from lead person or supervisor.
- Review work order and obtain pre-picked parts in holding area or obtain un-picked parts from the stockroom. Inspect parts for correctness.
- Assembly parts, using a variety of hand tools. Test units for functionability and replace incorrect or inoperative parts. Inspect unit for cosmetic purposes.
- When required, calibrate or program assemblies to procedures or verbal instructions. Scan serial numbers into data sheets or ERP system.
- Perform rework operations on units rejected by the inspector.
- Look for ways to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist manufacturing technicians in testing or assembling products.
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition and established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Keep workstation, tools, and equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Understand and comply with all company safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, or equivalent military training/experience preferred.
- 2+ years’ electronic/manufacturing technician experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Ability to use standard bench test equipment (DMM, Scope, etc.).
- Prior experience with hand assembly/soldering and component replacement on surface mount and through-hole PCBs.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic assemblies.
- Good verbal communications skills with the ability to interact with members of Operations, Sales & Marketing, Hardware and Software Engineers, and R&D Management team.
Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Salary Minimum: Market
Salary Maximum: Market
Disclaimer: Where a specific pay range is noted, it is a good faith estimate at the time of this posting. The actual salary offered will be based on experience, skills, qualifications, market / business considerations, and geographic location.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK is a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales of over $6.0 billion. Traded publicly (NYSE:AME), we are a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.