The Plant Manager will have a management background and be responsible for all production activities at UEIS including managing personnel, production planning, and oversight of facility maintenance. Reporting directly to the owner/CEO, this position requires a hands-on manager who understands production deadlines and is willing to learn and work at all levels needed to achieve those goals.
- Hire, train, review and manage production staff
- Build a positive, team-oriented, and efficient working environment
- Analyze and recommend process improvements reporting to management on regular basis
- Oversee all planning relative to material, production, and delivery
- Manage quality programs in accordance with ISO requirements, to include documentation, follow-up and corrective action as needed.
- Address and effectively handle production/personnel related challenges
- Measure and monitor appropriate production metrics and prepare trends and data for analysis
- Maintain a safe production area and train staff on all safety-related requirements
- Oversee facility maintenance and routine preventative maintenance of both equipment and plant
- Other responsibilities that may arise due to special projects or production changes
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years of supervisory experience in a production environment preferred
- Experience in electronic product manufacturing preferred
- Production planning experience preferred; exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 quality systems and will need IPC-A-610 Certification shortly after hire
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and perform line work as needed to meet production deadlines. Experience with Computer MRP systems (MAS 200 a major plus)
- Computer proficiency including IT experience a plus, MS Office a must
St Thomas, USVI
Commensurate with experience. Complete benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match.
UEIS is an EDC company and is a separate entity from UEI. Benefits include fully-paid individual coverage for health, dental and life insurance, a 401k plan with a generous employer match, plus paid vacation and sick time. You will work alongside a team of extraordinary production employees who add a positive spirit to the workplace environment!
If you like a challenge and believe you can meet these requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to:
United Electronic Industries Services, LLC
Attention, Jacob McCoy
8264 Sub base # 3, St. Thomas, VI 00802
No phone calls please. UEI does not use agencies.