Location: Virtual, US, 99999
Business Unit: Energy Conversion Solutions
Posting Date: Oct 25, 2023
At AMETEK, we don’t just manufacture market-leading electronic instruments and electromechanical devices — we are using innovation to make the world a better place; technology to improve lives; and talent to solve challenges that matter.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all the sales activities in their assigned territory. The primary goal of this position is to identify, manage, and close new opportunities with key accounts. This is a full-time position working out of a remote location within the assigned sales territory but reporting to our Norwood, MA headquarters.
- Successfully demonstrate our hardware and software technologies to potential customers.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales forecast for designated territory; effectively use our CRM to provide insight into active opportunities in all stages of the sales cycle.
- Drive performance in designated territory.
- Foster a system integrator program in territory.
- Forecast and evaluate sales drivers and identify new opportunities.
- Plan weekly travel schedule to maximize the amount of face time with customers, identifying customer locations that can be added to the travel schedule.
- Utilize the full capability of our CRM system for documenting the sales process by scheduling future activity and follow-ups in the system.
- Submit weekly reports for update on sales activity.
- Participate in weekly sales calls to provide sales activity update and discuss strategy.
- Request support from team when customer needs prompt attention or follow-up assistance and verify that needed action has been taken.
- Build internal relationships with our Applications, Marketing, and Engineering groups utilizing their support as needed to close the sales.
- Routinely review and adjust business plan and identify top prospects.
- Generate leads through industry networking, asking for referrals when appropriate.
- Participate in trade shows and company seminars as required.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with Sales team as an opportunity for territory planning and sales management support efforts.
- Develop presentations and sales materials as needed.
- Partner with Marketing on lead generation.
- Develop an understanding of our product lines and how they meet various customer needs and applications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- 5 years of progressive field engineering/sales experience.
- Domain experience in data acquisition, embedded control, test and measurement, or a closely related field.
- Travel requirement: 60%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science.
- Prior experience in aerospace and/or space sales.
- A desire to be customer-facing.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to explain technical information.
- Outstanding strategic skills with solid creative thinking.
- Detail oriented and self-starter.
- Results oriented and deadline management driven.
What’s in It for You:
- Competitive compensation, holiday pay, and paid time off
- Great benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k), plus matching
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health savings account (HSA) with AMETEK contribution, life insurance, disability insurance, and family medical leave
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting, fast-paced environment where you could make a true impact
- Opportunities for career advancement within our business unit and across all other AMETEK business entities
This position is a remote role. Up to 60% travel is required.
To learn more about our company and our job opportunities, visit us at:
Salary Minimum: Market
Salary Maximum: Market
Disclaimer: Where a specific pay range is noted, it is a good faith estimate at the time of this posting. The actual salary offered will be based on experience, skills, qualifications, market / business considerations, and geographic location.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK is a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales of over $6.0 billion. Traded publicly (NYSE:AME), we are a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1 (866) 263-8359.