Location: Norwood, MA, US, 02062
Business Unit: Energy Conversion Solutions
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2023
RMA TEST TECHNICIAN
Responsible to debug, diagnose, and repair UEI products in accordance with established procedures and quality standards. Responsible for meeting quality, delivery, and productivity objectives.
- Debug, diagnose and repair complex electronic components, subassemblies, and systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair customer RMA’s and log data into FogBugz.
- Write and/or update repair manuals for electronic products.
- Test/Calibrate electronic assemblies using test equipment and predefined procedures.
- Perform final inspection and preparation of electronic products prior to shipment.
- Perform incoming inspection on raw material per quality procedures as required.
- Assist Engineering with new product development and failure analysis.
- Assemble electronic TH and SMT components, subassemblies, and systems.
- Create and update manufacturing procedures per engineering specifications.
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition and established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Keep workstation, tools, and equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Understand and comply with all company, safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Associates Degree or electronics certifications preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience as an electronic/manufacturing engineer or high-level technician.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Understand operation principles of ADC/DAC and digital processor circuitry.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic assemblies.
- Ability to use standard bench test equipment (DMM, Scope, etc.).
- Experience with hand assembly/soldering and component replacement on SMT (0603/0402 geometry) and through-hole PCBs.
- Prior experience in a self-directed teaming environment preferred.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- Must understand electronic theory and electrical circuitry.
- Ability to maintain close specifications using tools & gages, schematics, and a variety of electronic equipment.
- Read and understand circuits and specifications.
- Able to troubleshoot down to assembly level.
- Basic computer skills.
Salary Range: $25-$35 per hour
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Salary Minimum: $50,000
Salary Maximum: $70,000
Disclaimer: Where a specific pay range is noted, it is a good faith estimate at the time of this posting. The actual salary offered will be based on experience, skills, qualifications, market / business considerations, and geographic location.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK is a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales of over $6.0 billion. Traded publicly (NYSE:AME), we are a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1 (866) 263-8359.