1. International Pricing Policies
Prices on this website are listed in US Dollars, FOB Walpole, MA
Customers with a billing address outside North America must place orders with their local representatives if one exists for their country. These representatives will provide a quote in local currency.
Customers in countries outside North America without a local distributor may place orders directly with UEI. These orders take the form of a paper/faxed purchase order or they can be made using our online purchasing system. Such orders will be priced in US Dollars with an additional charge for shipping/handling.
2. Quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue unless otherwise noted.
3. Payment: All payments for orders placed directly with UEI are required in US Dollars.
4. Terms: Credit Card (American Express/Visa/MasterCard), C.O.D, prepayment or Net 30 after authorization by UEI's credit department. All Net 30 invoices are due 30 days from date of invoice. All overdue invoice amounts will be charged 1.5% interest per month.
5. All orders are subject to UEI's acceptance by return confirmation.
6. Limited Warranty: All UEI products are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 3 years after date of purchase. Any returned products must be authorized by UEI by requesting an RMA number (Return Material Authorization). Please refer to UEI’s web-site to request an RMA. The standard turnaround time is 5 working days from receipt of goods at UEI. An expedited service is also available for an additional charge. The Customer is responsible for shipping charges to UEI, and if the product is deemed defective or in warranty, UEI will pay for return shipment. If this is not the case, the Customer will be charged for the return freight and any additional service charges.
There shall be no warranty or liability for any products or parts which have been subject to misuses, accident, negligence, failure or electrical power or modification by the Customer without United Electronic Industries' approval. Final determination of warranty eligibility shall be made by United Electronic Industries. If a warranty claim is considered invalid for any reason, the Customer will be charged for services performed and expenses incurred by United Electronic Industries in handling and shipping the return item.
UEI reserves the right to: repair, replace (with an identical or functionally equivalent product) or refund the original purchase price for any item found to be defective and returned under warranty.
As to replacement parts supplied or repairs made during the original warranty period, the warranty period of the replacement or repaired part shall terminate with the termination of the warranty period with respect to the original product or part.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY CONSTITUTES UNITED ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES’ SOLE LIABILITY AND THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, LIABILITIES AND REMEDIES. EXCEPT AS THUS PROVIDED, UNITED ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, SHALL UEI BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
7. Life Support Policy:
UNITED ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES PRODUCTS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED OR INTENDED FOR USE AS CRITICAL COMPONENTS IN LIFE-SUPPORT DEVICES OR SYSTEMS WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT OF UNITED ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES, INC. As used herein:
8. Payment terms:
This invoice shall be payable at the time of service net 30 days. Finances charges of an amount equal to the maximum permitted by law will be applied to any outstanding (overdue) balance. A $50 service charge shall apply for any returned check. If legal action becomes necessary to collect an outstanding balance (including any shipping charges, COD or service charges or other fees), the customer shall be responsible to pay, in addition to the outstanding balance, the costs incurred by United Electronic Industries, Inc. (UEI) to collect same, including, without limitation, its attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses.
9. Return for credit policy:
All orders with a total value in excess of $10,000 (ten thousand US dollars) are non-cancellable once placed and accepted by UEI, and nonreturnable once shipped. UEI may, at its sole discretion, allow an order to be modified or cancelled. UEI may also, in its sole discretion, allow items to be returned with or without restocking fees. Orders for standard products with a total order value equal to or less than $10,000 may be cancelled and or amended prior to shipment. Once shipped, orders with a total value equal to or less than $10,000 may be returned with no restocking fee if returned within 30 days of the invoice date. Orders for non-standard or custom products are non-cancellable, non-returnable regardless of order size.
10. Limitation of liability:
UEI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO CUSTOMER CONCERNING ITEMS PURCHASED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. THE TOTAL VALUE OF ANY LIABILITY OF UEI IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE STRICTLY LIMITED TO THE AGGREGATE DOLLAR AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER TO UEI FOR THE PURCHASE UNDER THIS INVOICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL UEI BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES CONCERNING THE ITEMS PURCHASED.
IN PARTICULAR, UEI ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, RELATED TO THE USE OF ANY UEI PRODUCT INSTALLED IN ANY AIRCRAFT, LIGHTER THAN AIR OR HEAVIER THAN AIR, POWERED OR UNPOWERED, PILOTED OR NON-PILOTED OR ANY OTHER VEHICLE DESIGNED TO FLY ABOVE EARTH’S SURFACE.
11. Jurisdiction, Law:
Any legal action concerning a customer order or item shall be brought in the state courts located in Massachusetts and shall be governed by the laws of that Commonwealth, without regard to its conflicts of law rules.
12. Additional Terms and Conditions:
UEI is a COTS supplier and exempt from DFARS 252.204-7012. Please do not send UEI DOD Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
No changes to these Terms and Conditions shall be made without the express written consent of United Electronic Industries, Inc.