United Electronic Industries (UEI) designs, manufactures and sells products that collect real-world data for the Aerospace, Energy and Defense industries, allowing our customers to build smart systems that are reliable, flexible and rugged.
We are committed to providing the highest quality hardware, software and services, enabling engineers and scientists worldwide to interface data-acquisition and control hardware to the real world. Using state-of-the-art technologies, we serve the needs of individual researchers/developers, systems integrators and OEMs.
Headquartered in Massachusetts, UEI is expanding globally with the establishment of UEI, GmbH. This continuing growth has created the need for additional technical support based in Europe
- Analyze the technical specifications provided by the Customer in order to guarantee how UEI’s products will meet their needs and to define the correct configuration to propose in pre-sales phase.
- Realize and introduce to the Customer feasibility studies, in order to demonstrate the ability of the products to resolve specific customers’ problems of interest.
- Provide the Customer with the necessary training and coaching in order to guarantee the fundamental knowledge to implement the architecture previously defined.
- Support and assist the Customer in the development of the defined architecture.
- Support the Customer until the completion of the prototype, if required in cooperation with the AE & Engineering Department.
- Travel with the Regional Sales Managers at designated Accounts in order to develop, expand, support or conclude sales opportunities.
- Plan, realize and deliver to strategic Accounts education to promote UEI products.
- Periodically analyze and verify the competitors in terms of products and market.
- Develop the relationships with Technology Partners & Value-Added Resellers (VARs), assuring the completion of the offer through the realization of “turnkey” systems by aforesaid Partners & VARs.
- Attend periodic Salesforce meetings and specific sessions at Sales Conferences.
Ensure the Customer satisfaction in post-sale phase, coordinating & supporting the activities of Technical Support department
- Deliver technical support activities to strategic Accounts to which have been delivered feasibility studies in pre-sale phase
- Develop and strengthen customer relationships by becoming the expert they look to for product support, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- 5+ years experience in an engineering or field technical position
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, fluency in English required
- Programming experience in a PC environment
- BS in EE, Physics, Computer Science or a related field – MS would be preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time with occasional travel to the US for training
- A team player who is able to work effectively with our Engineering Team
- Willing to learn our business so you can understand our markets and objectives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects while remaining focused on the details
- Instrumentation, DAQ or Control system experience; experiencing interfacing hardware to various sensors is a plus
- LabVIEW, MATLAB or Simulink programming experience
- Linux, QNX, VxWorks or other, Real-Time OS experience
- Prior technical support or technical sales experience
Extensive training on our products will be provided to the right candidate. Employment is through our German entity – United Electronic Industries, GmbH. This is an exciting time for UEI as we expand our direct sales reach to new global markets. This role provides you with excellent learning opportunities—you will learn about the business and the technologies better than anyone! This role provides an excellent career opportunity for a talented Applications Engineer!
AREA OF ACTIVITY:
EMEIA (80% of the activities being in Europe and 20% in Middle East, India and Africa)
France (Toulouse, Paris) and Germany (Munich) – even though a remote job in other European locations might be feasible
Commensurate with experience including benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. UEI does not use agencies.