United Electronic Industries (UEI) designs, manufactures and sells products, that collect real-world data for the Aerospace, Energy and Defense industries allowing our customers to build smart systems that are reliable, flexible and rugged.
We are committed to providing the highest quality hardware, software and services, enabling engineers and scientists worldwide to interface data-acquisition and control hardware to the real world. Using state-of-the-art technologies, we serve the needs of individual researchers/developers, systems integrators and OEMs.
Headquartered in Massachusetts, UEI is expanding globally with the recent establishment of UEI, GmbH. This continuing growth has created the need for additional technical support based near Munich, Germany. We are currently seeking an experienced Field Applications Engineer to serve as the first line of support to our European Sales Manager.
- Support our European Sales effort by delivering accurate technical information to help our customers understand and better use our products
- Develop and strengthen customer relationships by becoming the expert they look to for product support, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Assist Sales Manager in determining the potential applications to meet the needs of our European customers
- Work with Sales Manger create product presentations that will lead our customers to transition to our technology
- Attend trade shows and seminars providing product demo support
- Interact routinely with UEI’s global team of engineers and technical experts
- Utilize hardware and software knowledge to assist with future product development and improvements
- Engineering degree with 3+ years’ experience in a related business, preferably in a customer support role
- Must be fluent in English and German (other European languages are a plus)
- Hands-on experience with DAQ and Control systems is highly desirable
- Programming experience in a PC environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both engineers and non-engineers both verbally and writing
- A team player who is able to work effectively with our Engineering Team
- Willing to learn our business so you can understand our markets and objectives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects while remaining focused on the details
- Must be available to travel extensively throughout Europe with occasional travel to the US for training
- Experience interfacing hardware to various sensors is a plus
- C/C++ and/or LabVIEW programming experience is desirable
Extensive training on our products will be provided to the right candidate. Employment is through our German entity – United Electronic Industries, GmbH.
This is an exciting time for UEI as we expand our direct sales reach to new global markets. And, this role provides an excellent career opportunity for a talented Applications Engineer!
Near Munich, Germany
Commensurate with experience. Complete benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. UEI does not use agencies.