Location: Norwood, MA, US, 02062
Business Unit: Energy Conversion Solutions
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2023
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST
Receives and counts items in inventory and issues and receives material utilizing ERP system. Unpacks and stocks items on shelving systems, keeping stocked items organized with accurate counts. Responsible for on-time packaging and shipping of domestic and international customer orders.
- Conduct cycle counts and maintain inventory accuracy utilizing ERP system.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between system and physical counts.
- Fill, release, and complete kits for manufacturing.
- Check items received against P.O. to ensure accuracy of shipment.
- Unpack and organize stock area inventory utilizing FIFO method.
- Participate in physical inventory activities.
- Maintain stock area in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock to pre-authorized limit as may be needed.
- Review inventory report and order patterns to identify items in need of delivery.
- Provide inventory reports to purchasing and Sr. Operations Manager.
- Receive, unpack, and verify quantity/part # information for all incoming material, and log inventory transactions in ERP system within the day the material is received.
- Prepare daily orders for shipment.
- Verify all sales orders being shipped for accuracy and completion.
- Provide Certificate of Compliance (COC) and Certificate of Origin (COO) for shipments, as needed.
- Provide shipping quotes to sales department.
- Assist Assembly as required.
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition and established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Understand and comply with all company, safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- 2-year degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ stock area experience utilizing an ERP system.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience with UPS, FEDEX, and other shipping methods.
- Previous experience processing customer orders through a shipping manifest system preferred.
- Strong computer proficiency with intermediate level use of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary Range: $20-25 per hour
- Frequent bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Lifting (< 50 lbs.).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Salary Minimum: Market
Salary Maximum: Market
Disclaimer: Where a specific pay range is noted, it is a good faith estimate at the time of this posting. The actual salary offered will be based on experience, skills, qualifications, market / business considerations, and geographic location.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK is a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales of over $6.0 billion. Traded publicly (NYSE:AME), we are a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1 (866) 263-8359.