As we continue to monitor the widespread smoke from wildfires in Canada, @NOAA's #GOESEast 🛰️ can see some of it being swept up by a large swirling low pressure system. Numerous #AirQuality Alerts are in effect across the central and eastern U.S.— NOAA Satellites (@NOAASatellites) June 7, 2023
More: https://t.co/wJGBXDcNu2 pic.twitter.com/sEXwa8CouK
Our headquarters are based in Norwood, Massachusetts and the past few days our skies have been hazy which is a side effect of the recent Canadian forest fires. Boston weather stations are reporting poor air quality in many areas in Massachusetts and referencing NASA fire models that show how the forest fire smoke is moving down from Canada into New England.
Weather data is essential for humans to stay safe and prepare for what's next. Weather data is also vital to commercial and defense organizations to properly plan, prepare and respond to changing weather conditions.
UEI's embedded control & logging solutions are used for collecting a wide variety of weather data in harsh environments.
Our systems allow users to quickly and easily develop solutions that are flexible, rugged and dynamic.
As part of a recent project by a U.S. Navy lab to study ice cracking events in the Arctic circle, the WHOI researchers developed a cabled DAQ system that would collect seismo-acoustic measurements and help better understand sea ice strength and behavior. WHOI researchers needed hardware that could withstand Arctic temperatures and reliably collect data.
UEI equipped WHOI’s system with the hardware it needs to withstand arctic conditions and collect key ice cracking data, and ensure the project’s success.
Product Spotlight | UEI Avionics I/O Board | ARINC-708.453
This board is ideal for both simulator and on-aircraft operation for such equipment as weather radar and Ground Proximity Warning Systems. Learn more.
2023 NEWS & EVENTS
- June 6 | UEI Blog | UEI's "MIL-STD-1553 Overview & Apps" video featured on #thedrive
- June 6 | Kratos Constellations Podcast | Until 2020, there were millions of people in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region with little or no access to the Internet. In this podcast, discover the technology it takes to connect the unconnected across the unique landscape and communities within APAC. Companies mentioned: Boeing and Kratos Defense.
- July 27 @10AM EST | UEI Free Webinar | RSVP today | Verify Before You Fly – Deploy to the Skies with Confidence! UEI will discuss hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) solutions that can help diagnose early issues, reduce risk of failures & increase confidence in system performance.
Weather Technology Resources
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) GOES Image Viewer | Real-time satellite weather tracking.
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) FIRMS | Fire Information for Resource Management System | Active Fires/Thermal Anomalies, interactive live map.
- NASA Interactive Global Geostationary Weather Satellite Images
- VisibleEarth.Nasa.gov | A catalog of NASA images and animations of our home planet. Visible Earth is part of the EOS Project Science Office at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
TALK TO US!
(508) 921-4600 | email@example.com
#UEIDAQ #DAQ #dataacquisition #oem #dod #systemsintegrators #testbench #testbed #virtualtest #lockheedmartin #digitaltwins #spacedata #ati #aerospace #embedded #hardware #hw #dataacquisition #UEIPAC #engineer #systemverification #deploy #testbench #testing #sensors #harshenvironments #lcac #navy #marinelink #avionics #space #aerospace #military #aircraft #spacecraft #experiments #NASA #safety #firesafety #fire #VerticalAerospace #kratosdefense #boeing #nasa #noaa #weathermap #weathertechnology #weatherdata #aerospacetestinginternational #piaggio